Sunday morning around 6AM, I started experiencing pretty crazy cramps, but thought nothing of it because I was going into my 12th week and my uterus needs to start stretching for my baby to grow. About 30 minutes later, I thought I was peeing the bed, I jumped up and ran to the bathroom to see blood all over the floor. I screamed for Matt to come assist as I was bleeding horribly. I was going crazy, I am surprised Matt didnt slap me in the face to bring me back to reality. A few minutes later Matt found baby Wratten on the floor. By the looks of it, it lived to about 9 weeks and self terminated due to genetics and my body just rejected it at 11 1/2 weeks.
As you can guess, I had a miscarriage. It is very hard on me, but I am getting better as the week goes on. The worst part is that we saw our baby. The Dr. in the ER told me that 1 in 3 women actually have a miscarriage, and my OB told me that 1 in 5 women have a miscarriage. I read that after my 8th week that I have a 1% change of miscarrying my bundle of joy and never thought it would happen to me, but it did.
Everything happens for a reason, and I would rather it happen now then later, or have it grow a couple more weeks then have to deliver a stillborn.
We decided we are going to push the wedding up now, and actually get married in May or June. Have fun as a married couple for a couple of months, then try again and start our family!! I am excited to to get married finally become Mrs. Wratten and start our family!! More wedding details to come!!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I dont know how much you remember me from high school but sorry about your baby; while it's more common than people think it doesn't make it any less sad.
Hey Krissy...that's so sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Stay strong and it'll happen for you in the future.
Hey Krissy,
Just wondering if you are doing any better? You can come over anytime you want. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Krissy-
I'm so sorry that you had to go through a miscarriage. I know that it is probably one of the worst feeling in the world. You sound like you are holding up pretty well for what you experienced. Just remember that everything happens for a reason...it is hard to hear now, but it will make more sense as days go on. I had a miscarriage as well, so if you need anyone to talk to...let me know!
Quinci
Post a Comment