Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blonde... Keegan... 1 year

Today Matthew and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary! It is soo cray to think we have already been married 1 year!! We have had our many ups and downs, but all marriages have those!! He is the best husband anyone could ever ask for and always makes sure our little family is provided for. I can not wait for the next 50 years of our life!!

A few months ago, Matthew and I went to go see Valentines Day. On the way out, we were walking past a Aveda hair salon. I know how great Aveda products are so I told Matt I wanted to go speak to someone regarding dying my hair BLONDE!!! Thats right I am becoming a blonde bombshell, haha. I absolutely love it and can not wait for the process to be completed... I am having to go slowly since I have always colored my hair with dark dark browns, so if I try to lift it all at once my hair would fall off. I am almost there, maybe a few more sessions and it will be exactly how I want it!! I think I am going to go for a Carrie Underwood blonde, with some lighter pieces. So far almost everyone says I look better blonde... and I hope they are being truthful cause I think I look better too!!

Also we had a scare with my little princess Keegan last week. We are not quite sure what she got into (human food, or something in the garden), but it caused her liver and colon to freak out. We came home on Monday and we was completely un-responsive. A typical day when I get home all she does is what me to hold her so she can say hi and give me my afternoon cuddles and kisses. I went to go pick her up and she was freezing cold... she felt like she had ice in her mouth and her ears felt like they were frozen. We debated bringing her to the vet, as it was almost 6 PM and out vet was closing and told us they can not take her and we needed to bring her to the emergencywhich meant $$$$$$$. I called around to a few vets in our area and found one that was open until 8 and rushed her there. The Dr came in the room and immediately rushed her out, as they said she was in critical condition. Her temp was 94, when 99 is normal for a dog. They immediately put her in a little incubator to start warming her up. They did a real quick parvo test to rule out it wasnt parvo, and took some x-rays to see if she had a solid object in her stomach blocking anything (which would mean surgery, thank goodness there was nothing). They told us they needed to keep her over night and they would call us in the morning with any news. We went home and Matthew and I was devastated... I could not sleep at all. In the morning we called the vet, there was no news but they were able to get her temp stable but she was still in bad shape. They called Matthew later in the day and told us that her liver enzymes were over 1000, when they should be ax max 60. They wanted to keep her another day to watch her. So on Wednesday night we were able to bring her home!! She still isnt her normal self, and is on 3 different meds and special food (lucky me, 3 dogs on 3 different types of food... that makes a pain to feed them)!! We are very glad that all is ok and hopefully there will not be any long term effects!!

Here are some pictures I took to show off my hott new look (haha, yes I know I am nerdy)!!!









1 comment:

Jiffy said...

Love the blonde...you are gorgeous in either brown or blonde! Sorry to hear about your pup...hope she recovers fast! Also, congrats on the one year anniversary...what is weird is even though the first year flew by it will start to fly by even faster, and wait till you have a baby, it goes by super fast then! Enjoy every minute!
Tiff