Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Across the pond we go

November was such an awesome month!!  We finally got to take our trip across the pond so I can meet the rest of my family over there that I have not been able to meet.  Although it was absolutely FREEZING (I am not one who likes the cold and snow) it was an absolute blast.  My husbands family are the sweetest most kind people I have ever met.  Although I have spoken with on the phone a few times, and skyped a time or two they accepted me into the family like they have always known me.  I was a little nervous at first that maybe they wouldnt like me, or they would think I was snobby and bratty, but I think I blend right in.  I can not wait for them to one day make their way out to visit Vegas and see what America (well the west coast) is all about.  I will say I was in culture shock.... everything is so much SMALLER there, the toliets (they do not call them bathrooms or restrooms there... if you ask them where on is they look at you funny) do not have eletrical plus in them.  HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET READY IN THE MORNING??  The service there is not the best as they do not work for tips like they do in most of America, nor do expect tips... and we had one of the most awful experiences ever with customer service in a 4 star hotel in London.  But all in all it was great, and I cant wait to go back next year (expect when it is a little warmer), and hopefully my mommy and daddy will be able to fly over with us spend a few days in England then fly off to Italy.

We are also excited to annouce, after 2 years and 4 trys Baby W., will be joining us tentatively (lol) on June 14th, 2011!!!  We are about 15 weeks pregnant and going strong.  The Dr. says that there is a 70% chance that we are having a baby girl, but we will confirm next week in a 3D ultrasound. We are so excited and cant wait for her arrival.  Pink and princess everything, I really do not think that Matt knows what he is getting himself into.  She will have him wrapped around her finger to get whatever she wants. 
Profile of Baby Wratten at 13 weeks

Baby Wratten waving to mommy and daddy



Below are a few pictures from the 2000+ pictures we took while in England.

The church in the town center in the town Matt grew up in

A school from 1624 from a village we visited
I couldnt believe people still live in these old village homes with THATCH roofs
                            
Dinner with Barry, Matt's uncle in Kettering
                        
On the train to London!!
                                        
In front of Tower of London, while there we went and saw the Crown Jewels... and the Queen's crown that has a 314 diamond on it!!

Standing in front of a guard who guarded the Crown Jewels
                                     
Tower Bridge
                                                             
I was so excited to take a picture with a phone box... I opened it up and someone had peed in it... it was GROSS!!
                                                              

Buckingham Palace
                                                              
The beautiful Buckingham Palace

I loved all fountains and statues they had

Some detail from a gate outside of Buckingham Palace

There were HUGE leaves on the ground so I made Matt take pictures of throwing the leaves up in the air since we dont have leaves like that near us in Vegas

My turn!!

There was a FAT squirrel in St James Park, that was the friendliest thing we have ever seen... it almost climbed up my leg and freaked me out... Matt took like 100 pictues of it, lol

Walking through St. James Park

Standing next to another random guard

The night we were in London the students had a protest that got out of hand and closed down Trifalgos Square (which I wanted to go to :( ).  During the protest they graffetied (sp??) some of the Parliment buildings

Big Ben!!

Matt with Big Ben

We had to visit Wesminster Abbey, as William and Kate will be getting married there in April, lol

Had to stop by Harrods as well

Lucy and I in front of the famous Cement Cows in Milton Keynes

Me, Dad, and Matt

Matt with Granddad and Nan

The Family!

The snow storm we went through on our way up to Newcastle

Matt picking up the tickets to the Newcastle game against Cheslea

Matt getting ready for the game in his Newcastle gear!!

The Princess Diana memorial walk in St. James Park

Matt was lucky enought to meet Steve Harper, Newcastle's goalie (he is just coming back from injury)

Matt with the field in the background!

Right after Andy Carroll scored against Chelsea... it was SOOO much fun to finally be at a live game to our club and a club Matt has supported for 14 years!!

Matt showing his artistic side taking pictures from the window on the plane returning to USA

I think we were over Greenland at the time

We were lucky enough to see my nephews for a few minutes when we got home, before they left to go back to TX.  Louis and his best friend Lucas!!

KyKy and Louis... KyKy was enjoying some deliccious British chocolate

Matt, KyKy, Me, and Lucas

LuLu and I being pirates together (after all I am aunt pirate)


1 comment:

One Big Happy Family said...

Love love love it!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. XOXOXOXO